Your Airbnb rental: it’s a property you’re proud of. You’ve worked hard on it, and you want other people to come and enjoy it. So, what’s the best way to let Airbnb shoppers know about your fabulous rental? The answer is simple: hire a great Airbnb photographer.
Much like hiring a professional real estate photographer to help lower your days on the market, an experienced Airbnb photographer can help generate a 40% increase in earnings, a whopping 24% more bookings, and even a 26% increase in your nightly price. Hands down – quality photography and a solid digital social media marketing plan can provide a rapid ROI and a long-lasting stream of revenue from your Airbnb listings.
In this blog post, we’re going to discuss the importance of investing some time and money into a professional and quality real estate photography company that also specializes in Airbnb properties. A temporary or long-term business relationship with an experienced photography company can help minimize the gap between the meet and greet and closing the deal.
A professional Airbnb photography marketing company can help with:
- Saving time
- Selling more consistently
- Selling your rental property listings faster
- Professional photography and industry knowledge
- Generating leads
- Increasing property value
- Social media and online list marketing
- Creation of online brochures
- Commanding higher rental pricing
- Attracting new clients
So, let’s dive in.
How Can a Photography Company Help Me Close Deals Faster?
Redfin found that professionally shot photos resulted in 61% more views. Whether you’re trying to promote your first Airbnb or you have 10 beautiful rentals and are trying to connect with customers looking for short term rentals – a professional photographer can help in creating the value your buyers are seeking through:
- Unique and expert photography
- Aerial Drone shoots
- 3D Tours/Matterport
- Drone Photography
- Twilight Photography
- Photo editing
- Virtual staging
- Online marketing expertise
- Helping to build your brand
A reputable photography company has the digital tools necessary to help promote real estate listings and Airbnb rental properties. From basic photography to aerial drone photography to virtual 3D tours the marketing boundaries are limitless. The more you can project a feeling of home ownership or the ability to help a buyer envision their vacation at the property – the closer you can get to a signed contract. A successful digital media campaign can help in meeting your goals. A company that can provide the photography expertise and the know-how to develop an online marketing plan is the best bet to maximize your return-on-investment.
When hiring a professional photographer to shoot your listing you can expect the following benefits:
- Showcase your property in the best possible light
- Attract more customers to your listing
- Make your listing more competitive
- Demonstrate the unique aspects of your property
According to a 2016 study of more than 100K listings, showcasing and marketing properties with the help of an experienced photography company can have a positive effect on nightly property rates while still enjoying an upward trend in bookings.
What Does an Airbnb Photographer Do?
If you’re already managing an Airbnb account you’ve probably already read that you should take the time to upload quality photographs. Attention-grabbing photographs are paramount in maximizing the views your listing receives on the Airbnb website or numerous others. While you can shoot your property with a simple iPhone camera it’s always recommended to leave photography to the experts when marketing your valuable property. Airbnb proclaims on their website, “Upload high-quality photos are the guest’s first impression of your space on the search results page.” You’ll only have to shoot your property once every so often (maybe only once every 10 years!) and the investment will be worth the money. A professional Airbnb Photographer with experience will have:
- Special lenses
- Lighting equipment
- Editing software
- Creating the perfect composition
- Drone and 3D virtual tour services
- The expertise to accentuate property features, layouts, rooms, etc.
- Staging and “virtual” staging options
Airbnb photographers are specially-trained in property rental photography and have a deep understanding of what it takes to draw people to your listings. A photographer specializing in Airbnb properties will shoot photos that resonate with your style and that will capture attention. The result is a beautiful, professional-looking listing that speaks for itself.
Increase Your Bookings With Professional Airbnb Photography
If you’re one of the many Airbnb hosts who want to increase your bookings, the best way to proceed is to focus on what your client’s needs and wants are and deliver them with professionalism. With that in mind, here are a few details to focus on in your Airbnb listings:
- Offer up-to-date listing details. Your guests are going on vacation, and they want to ensure a pleasant experience. To do this, they need up-to-date listing details. This means you’ll need to update your host dashboard any time your listing details change to ensure real-time updates for your clients.
- Describe your space. Once you’ve filled out the hard-and-fast details, you’ll want to provide a description of your space that makes guests feel like they’re there. Your listing’s title and description should be attractive, detailed, and informative. Be sure to call out unique details, like the cute cafe right around the corner, walk to the beach, or the relaxing koi pond and swing in the yard. The more compelling your details are, the more in-demand your space will become.
- High-quality photos. THIS is where your Airbnb photographer comes in. The best listings on the Airbnb platform have comprehensive descriptions and beautiful images to go along with them. Remember that your photos provide the first impression a guest will get of your space online – they should be eye-catching, detailed, and beautiful.
- Rules and expectations. Finally, your guests want to know what’s expected of them. Outline your house rules and expectations in the regulation section of your listing.
How Much Will You Spend on Airbnb Photography?
There is wide variability in the price of Airbnb photographers.
The ultimate cost of your photographer will depend on many factors, including the size and location of your property, how many (and what type of) photographs you want (basic photographs, video, 3D tours, or aerial photography) and the experience of your photographer. As a general rule, you can expect to pay anywhere from a few hundred to a thousand or more dollars on your Airbnb photographer.
If you have questions about the price of a photography package, or what’s included, be sure to speak directly to your photographer.
Better Airbnb Listings Start Here
No matter what you do, adding beautiful images to your listing is one of the best ways to differentiate your property listing from others on the Airbnb platform or social media, and to squeeze as much value as possible out of your stunning rental.